Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Time

It's been six months since I left Clear Channel. Time just sort of drifted like a fog. One day fades into another day until they all blur together and sometimes I can lose track---so, in joking with my wife...I declared that EVERY DAY is Saturday.

It's kind of strange. You really don't need to be anywhere unless you want to be there, after all, you are calling the shots and doing what you want when you want...OK there is some compromise with Joy but for the most part it's what are you going to do with yourself today?

I suppose this is a taste of what retirement might be like and it sucks...unless you have a lot of disposable income; why? Boring.

Let's see I could golf everyday, but that's not practical so we'll limit golf to three days a week. There are the domestic chores like Garage Cleaning and Organizing 101, Intermediate Yard Work 2A and the Daily Walking of the Dog. There are fun things like Wine Tasting Class everyday at 6pm or going out to eat...but again, it gets tedious.

Been doing a lot of reading. I blog for my own personal amusement but not everyday, I enjoy recording podcasts but have not done one in a while---podcast block! Sort of similar to writers block. Been ignoring my business since the web site has not been completed---I do a lot of talking about it but little action lately and with NO Income what the hell am I doing?

Time just seems to come and go and I feel stuck in the muck of time...is this what they mean by getting OLD?

No comments: