Saturday, March 24, 2007

In Golf You Can Really Suck The Very Next Day


Gee how would I know that?
Had a lot of fun playing a round today with Billy, Brad and my neighbor Fred, who grew up with these guys.

It's really weird to think of that...not just staying in touch with friends you grew up with but actually being in your hometown and playing a round of golf with your home boy buds...I respect that. I wonder what would have happened if I stayed in Huntington Beach, California hanging out with Gilbert Cerda,Tony Ciarelli, Scott Whitfield, Mike Fox, Bruce Peasley and others who decided to stay put...well ok some of them went of to college in different places, but eventually they came back to roost in good ol HB, a few of them left as I did. Beach Bum? Hard to tell what might have happened. I do envy folks like Fred my neighbor who has childhood friends and strong local family ties, but I would not give up the travel and the experiences which came with it over the last thirty years "away" from Huntington Beach.

Lochmere was a good track--not sure I would play it again though. The weather was 80 degrees, Sunny with a slight breeze which made for wonderful Golf. All you need is two or three holes where you fluff the ball, smother the ball or skull the ball and the wheels begin to come off. The Good News is that the last two holes were solid pars. Was happy with my Drives and the putting was very close...notice I did not say very good...speed was good despite recently aerified greens. Tomorrow I tackle Falls Village for 19 bucks and another 80 degree day...pretty soon there will be no Golf, so I better enjoy while it's here.

No comments: