Sunday, June 10, 2007

Thankful...Sometimes We Forget to be...


As a golfer, uhh weekend hacker who respects the game of golf, I greatly admire the heroes of the game like Ben Hogan. Ben Hogan is special for his work ethic and overcoming a huge personal trauma where doctors told him he would never play golf again. He won more majors following his tragic car accident and injuries than before. Hogan was in the top ten 83% of the time out of over 300 tournaments. He won 9 of 16 Majors between 1946 and 1953, six of those majors followed his Summer of 1949 Car Accident in West Texas. 1953 was an exceptional year winning all three majors he entered just four years after nearly dying on a foggy West Texas road.

My wife bought me a set of Ben Hogan irons, years ago. I should take better care of them.

Ben Hogan reminds me that I am a lucky guy. Despite setbacks and enduring low points in life there is much to be thankful for. Sometimes we forget to be Thankful.

I am Thankful...

that I have a wife who loves me, lets me play golf and buys me Ben Hogan irons ;>)

that I am physically able to play golf and enjoy the game, playing in the grass and the fresh air.

that I have people in my life that love me and care about me.

that I have healthy kids.

that I find happiness in my animals and they find happiness in me.

that I have a talent and am able to make a living with that talent.

that I have had the opportunity to share what I know with others.

that I am able to Travel and see the world, hear the world and experience all of the wonderful things the world has to offer.

that I am healthy despite having to take medication and not always doing the right thing.

that I have never seen or experienced the real tragedy of war and death while serving my Country in the military.

that I have survived and grown from the terrible grief that comes when someone you love dies.

that I never bought a Bee Gees or STYX album.

There's probably a lot more to be thankful for...just give me a moment.

No comments: